House Republicans are fighting to expose Biden family corruption to the American people, launching an effort to probe the business ventures of Joe Biden‘s family members, especially Hunter Biden’s latest business venture.
House Republicans have announced their effort to document how the Biden family has sought to “profit off the presidency.”
Citing various news reports the GOP members of the House Oversight Committee are accusing Joe Biden’s brother Frank, his sister Valerie, and his son Hunter of using his position to their advantage, and are demanding that the White House answer questions about these business dealings.
“Reports regarding President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.’s family members attempting to profit from their proximity to the White House have been disturbing and recurring,” letters from the House Oversight Republicans read.
“Unfortunately, these reports of President Biden using his former official positions of public trust to swell the coffers of his family members are widespread, and any hope the pattern of family self-dealing would finally stop when he assumed the presidency has been dashed,” the letters continued.
The biggest concern currently for the House Republicans is Hunter Biden‘s latest business venture: art.
Hunter has reinvented himself as an artist, and is planning on selling his paintings at upcoming exhibitions in New York and Los Angeles. According to reports, the art could be listed as high as $500,000 a piece.
Fox News reports: “In order to avoid an appearance of outsiders trying to peddle influence with the Biden family, the White House crafted an agreement to keep the names of the buyers confidential from the 51-year-old Biden and the White House.”
Republicans have referred to Biden’s art agreement as “nothing short of a cash grab.”
Outside of Hunter Biden’s business dealings, two other Biden family members’ actions are raising concerns. Joe Biden’s brother, Francis “Frank” Biden, promoted his relationship with his brother in an Inauguration Day advertisement for a law firm that he advises. It was also recently revealed that Biden’s sister, Valerie Biden Owens, is planning to publish a book in April of 2022 entitled Growing Up Biden: A Memoir, describing her life with Joe. These obvious attempts at profiting off of Joe Biden’s current position should not be overlooked.
The letter, written to Counsel to the President Dana Remus, also states:
“The recent revelations of Biden family members again trading on President Biden’s name is an inauspicious beginning to a presidency purportedly aimed at cultivating trust, unity, and honesty. To understand the extent of the Biden family’s use of its connection to the President to enrich itself and any steps your office is taking to mitigate future self-dealing, please produce the following information to the Committee by July 28, 2021:
- All documents and communications between the Executive Office of the President or Office of the Vice President and members or associates of the Biden family referring or relating to the 2013 trip to China and the 2016 trip to Mexico;
- All documents and communications referring or relating to any security incidents on Air Force Two during the 2013 trip to China and the 2016 trip to Mexico;
- Both official and unofficial schedules for all Biden family members for the 2013 trip to China and the 2016 trip to Mexico;
- A list of all past and ongoing foreign business interests and past and ongoing foreign relations for members of the Biden family;
- All documents and communications regarding Hunter Biden’s artwork;
- A list of all Biden family members’ appearances in advertisements, public speaking events, or any instance in which the Biden name was used to solicit business, investments, or interest or awareness in a business, campaign, or organization of any sort; and
- All policies and procedures in place to ensure the Biden family does not profit off the presidency.”