Congresswoman and self-proclaimed head of the Anti-Trump GOP establishment remnant Liz Cheney (R-WY) just shattered her fundraising record with an astonishing $1.9 million in Q1 2021 after being ousted from her GOP leadership role and aligning herself against President Trump. That can’t be a coincidence, can it?
According to politicususa.com, “The amount of money beats the $1.5 million Cheney raised in the first quarter of 2021. She also announced that she has $2.85 million in cash on hand for her reelection campaign in 2022.”
One Seat To Represent Them All… One Seat To Buy Them…
Wyoming is an interesting state that could garner larger donations than many due to its low population which affords it only a single seat in the House. But even this is surprising. The tried and true OpenSecrets didn’t have the latest read on Cheney’s suddenly deep pockets, so we went to the source: the Federal Election Commission and my, oh my what we found. Check this out:
- WinRED (It’s pretty much crowdfunding for Republicans, the counterpart of Democrats ActBlue) Accounted for a total of $444,262.58, which at the individual maximum donation allowed by law means a minimum of 153 Donors whose names we conveniently don’t get to see. It’s a great way to hide who your donors are.
- Wyoming Native America Tribes- Wyoming is home to several reservations, the Northern Arapahoe Tribe donated $3,000 and the Oneida Tribe donated $5,600. Isn’t that interesting that Semi-Sovereign Native American Nations can donate to political campaigns? Does that seem right to you?
- Corporate Donations & PACs- Here’s where it gets really interesting, check out some of these names:
- CHENEY, RICHARD B. HON. (A little from Dad)- $5,600
- CHENEY, LYNNE V. MRS. (A bit from Mom)- $5,600
- KOCH INDUSTRIES INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE- $5,000
- VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. GOOD GOV. CLUB- $5,000
- THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY PAC- $5,000
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BROADCASTERS POLITICAL ACTION- $5,000
- COMCAST CORPORATION & NBCUNIVERSAL PAC- $2,500
- GOOGLE LLC NETPAC- $2,500
- T-MOBILE PAC- $2,500
- Eric Pelletier (Government Affairs, Alibaba Group)– $2,500
- Jeb Bush– $2,000
And that’s just to name a few. So let’s review: Google? Check. Alibaba? (Some of that nice Chinese Money) Check. Mom & Dad Cheney? Check. Koch Brothers? Check. Comcast/NBC? Check. Verizon? Check. T-Mobile? Check. The only way this could be painted any more clearly would be if we found Zuckerberg, Soros, Bezos, and Dorsey.
One Seat To Censor Them All and In Corruption Bind Them… To The Cheney Dynasty
One thing is very clear even one quarter into the fundraising blitz before the 2022 election: some very poor political actors are pumping money into Liz Cheney’s campaign. To what end? She’s lost power among the party leaders, she certainly lacks grassroots support based on current polling within the GOP, so why back a losing candidate? It makes you wonder: What do these huge donors know that the American public doesn’t? What’s Liz Cheney’s next play?