The Democrats in the House called it the “For The People Act of 2021“, in reality Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows called it right in his tweet on May 11th he coined it “The Corrupt Politicians Act”, perhaps the “For The Democrats Act of 2021” might’ve been better.
Senate Democrats are marking up their election takeover bill today — H.R. 1 — what should be called “The Corrupt Politicians Act.”
If you haven’t read the bill, do so.
It’s perhaps one of the worst pieces of legislation to come before Congress in recent memory.
— Mark Meadows (@MarkMeadows) May 11, 2021
As Meadows alluded to: Democrats in the Senate are adding their markups to the H.R. 1 bill which was ram-rodded through the House of Representatives without a single Republican vote while trumpeting the cause of “Unity”. Even the so-called ‘moderate’ RINO Republicans found this obvious manuever to forever lurch the nation into a unitary single-party state repulsive.
“Democrats want to use their razor-thin majority not to pass bills to earn voters’ trust, but to ensure they don’t lose more seats in the next election,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy warned. As Mark Megahan wrote, “The Democrat idea of unity is shut up and drink the Kool-Aid. They proved that on Wednesday when the House shoved their scheme to permanently tilt the election in their direction down the throats of every American, whether they like it or not. ”
The implications of this utterly massive power grab cannot be overstated. The Democrats in Congress if successful, will rip away control of the electoral system from the states in a final rebuke of federalism and a near complete annihilation of one of the last vestiges of States’ rights.
Hans Von Spakovsky, an attorney and former FEC Commissioner told OANN,
“This bill would be basically a federal takeover of the administration of elections. And the whole reason for that is so that they can frankly: manipulate the rules and make it easier to cheat. I mean another example of this is: this federal law would override and ban any State Voter ID law. Now the only reason for that is to decrease the security of the election process.”
Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) added in an op-ed for Breitbart,
“The bill would federalize our elections so that states have little control over how voting proceeds within their jurisdiction. Red states like Arkansas and Florida would no longer be able to take extra precautions to ensure the integrity of their elections. Instead, election law would be dictated from Washington, D.C. in uniform—and uniformly terrible—fashion.”
What Does ‘This Corrupt Politicians Act’ Do?
Here’s a brief list of what the H.R.1 the so-called “For The People Act of 2021” contains, as first described by The GOP Times,
- Automatic Voter Registration Act
- “Democracy Restoration Act”- Automatically restores the right of convicted felons to vote once they’ve served their sentence overriding State restrictions with the justification that the number of convicted felons is statistically greater in minority groups. Forwarding the critical race theory agenda.
- “Voter Registration Efficiency Act”- Under 18 can register to vote, begins a pilot program to register all High School students over age 16.
- “Prohibiting Voter Caging”- Prevents States from cleaning their voter rolls through non-forwardable return notices and cross-referencing state moving databases. This is the most efficient way to keep the voter rolls accurate and prevent abuse.
- Voting By Mail Made National and Permanent with no restrictions.
- Requiring Congressional Redistricting To Be Conducted Through Independent State Commission.- Congress is seeking to rip away redistricting from the state legislatures. These commissions must meet a diversity standard. Another notch in the critical race theory agenda.
- Election Security Act- Requires all states to meet a uniform federal standard for voting machines.
- Recusal Of Presidential Appointees- This basically would REQUIRE recusals similar to AG Jeff Sessions recusing himself from President Trump’s first impeachment investigation.
- Executive Branch Conflict of Interest Act- Governs the employment and contracting of a President and Vice President’s family and prevents their businesses from contracting with the Government.
- Presidential and Vice Presidential Tax Transparency- Requires Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates release their tax returns.