President Donald Trump sent a swamp-seeking missive on Wednesday, August 11th absolutely devastating the perpetually budget-busting $3.5 Trillion so-called “infrastructure bill”. The bill passed the Senate with the support of 19 Republicans who decided to turn their backs on their party and their people.
President Trump said in a statement,
“Good morning, America! While you were all sleeping, the Radical Democrats advanced a plan that will be known as the $3.5 trillion Communist Plan to Destroy America. This legislation is an assault on our Nation, on our communities, and on the American Dream.
It destroys our Borders and the rule of law by granting dangerous amnesty that will flood America’s beautiful cities. It will overwhelm our schools, and make our Nation less safe.
It raises taxes like we have never seen, while also making many things you buy everyday more expensive (gas, groceries, and much more). And don’t forget the crazy Green New Deal. America, you are being robbed in the dark of night.
It’s time to wake up!”
An Uncertain Future For The Most Expensive GOP Sell-Out To The Swamp Ever.
The budget resolution is just the first step in a lengthy process likely to drag out long into September, so much so that there are doubts the Government will make the final deadline of October 1st to avoid a shutdown as Secretary of the Treasure Janet Yellen completely runs out of tricks to stave off Sovereign default.
There is still hope that two “moderate” Democrats Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Sen. Krysten Sinema (D-AZ) can potentially force their party to the table by compelling them to eliminate the most partisan aspects of the bill through budget reconciliation, but the pressure from their own party is intense. While Manchin has enjoyed broad support for his attempts to reach across the aisle and force compromise, Sinema is being eviscerated by her Democrat constituents for what they see as another betrayal.
According to CNBC, “House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer announced Tuesday that the chamber will return from its current recess on Aug. 23, about a month earlier than previously planned. The House will move to pass the budget resolution, the Maryland Democrat said. The Senate is set to leave Washington until mid-September.”
“Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., gave committees a Sept. 15 target to put together their portions of the bill.”
While the Democrats could have likely passed the budget plan through the Senate without GOP support, the fact that 19 Republicans flipped is shameful, there is NO COMPROMISE in this bill. It adds up to a hyper-partisan, socialist state containing according to NPR:
- $107 billion for the Judiciary Committee, with orders to create a “lawful permanent status for qualified immigrants.”
- $726 billion for the Health, Labor, Education and Pensions Committee to include
- Universal pre-K for 3- and 4-year-olds,
- Child care for working families,
- Tuition-free community college,
- Funding for historically black colleges and universities
- Expansion of the Pell Grant for higher education.
- $135 billion for the Committee on Agriculture Nutrition and Forestry containing a requirement to “reduce carbon emissions”
- $332 billion for the Banking Committee, with orders to invest in “housing affordability and equity and community land trusts.”
- $198 billion for the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, including instructions largely related to clean energy development.
And what from all of this does the GOP get? Election integrity? Nope. Tax Reduction? Nope. Spending cuts in other areas? Nope. This is NOT a compromise, it is not “bipartisan”.
It is a surrender.